My photo
Appointments in Danielson and N Stonington CT, and via Skype, FaceTime and telephone - 1/2 hour session $30.00 US.

Pure Maple Syrup - Candida's Least Favorite Sweetener

My clients often express an inability to avoid sugary desserts during the holidays. I remind them that white sugar is toxic to the human body and mind; it feeds yeast conditions. Instead of poisoning one’s body, I suggest they take the time to make their own desserts. It all begins with pure maple syrup and I am happy to share my favorite holiday dessert recipe with you, Maple Pecan Pie.

This recipe originally came from “The Maple Syrup Baking and Dessert Cookbook” by Ken Haedrich. I think Ken’s book is one of the finest maple syrup cookbooks I have come across. If you can get your hands on a copy do so. You will be happy you did!

I have changed Ken’s Maple Pecan Pie recipe a bit to meet my tastes. This is my version of Ken’s original. Its simple, quick and delicious! Its worth your time and effort.

Preheat over to 425.

Beat 3 organic/free range eggs at high speed with electric mixer for two minutes until they are soft and fluffy looking.

Add:
1 cup (minus two tablespoons) pure maple syrup
Beat again for 10 seconds until mixed

Add:
1/4 cup (minus 1 tablespoon) of organic cane juice crystals
1/4 cup (minus 1 tablespoon) of organic brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
Beat again for about 10 seconds until mixed

Add:
1 stick organic melted butter
1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
1 Tbs organic unbleached white flour
Beat again about 10 seconds or so until mixed
Put aside for a moment.

Next spread:
1-2/3 cup (or so) of organic pecans in your favorite pie shell. 
Note: I like to cut my pecan halves into quarters so they are bite sized.

Gently pour the liquid over the pecans. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Lower to 375 and bake another 1/2 hour until golden, puffed and not soupy in the middle. (It will be very puffed but will settle down once it cools.)

Now enjoy... Yes, this dessert is rich, however, it is not toxic; and that’s what makes all the difference in how your body and yeast will react to it!!! Of course, its important not to eat the whole pie in one sitting. Enjoy a slice and love that you took care of your needs without having to poison yourself! Your body will love you for it, and love really does heal all.

No comments: